Program Information and Registration
Orientation: The 2-day orientation class open
to all languages will familiarize you with the Virginia Judicial System
and Courtroom protocol. This class is not intended to prepare you for
the written exam. The materials provided at the orientation class are
given as a source of general information.
Written exam: It is an intermediate level exam and requires months of extensive self-preparation. It is only given for candidates seeking certification in the following languages: Arabic, Korean, Mandarin Chinese, Russian, Spanish, and Vietnamese. The written exam may only be taken one time within 12-months.
Oral exam: Oral exam: It is open to those currently enrolled for certification in Arabic, Korean, Mandarin Chinese, Russian, Spanish and Vietnamese who have successfully completed the Written Exam and Orientation Training within the past 3-years. You may only take the oral exam once every 12-months.
Registration for the spring/fall cycle is the first stage
of the certification process and is required. It is subject
to space availability.
Registration opens in mid-February (spring cycle) and mid-August (fall cycle)
- Orientation and Written Exam: mid-March (class/exam in March)
- Oral Exam: registration May (exam in May/June)
- Orientation and Written Exam: mid-August (class/exam in September/October)
- Oral Exam: mid-November (exam in November/December)
To Register: Registration is currently closed.
- Registration for: (indicate the Language you are registering for)
Body of Email:
- Registering for: Orientation and/or Written Exam Spring 2014
- Location: (choose from available locations, within respecitve dates)
- Name: (full name as it appears in any legal document. I.e.: Last Name, Given Names)
- Phone Number: (state whether cell or home)
- Email Address:
- Emergency Contact Information: (name and number of person that will be notified in case of an emergency)
If a certification course is not offered in your language, then only register for orientation. Payment information and procedure for providing your SSN (required by the National Center for State Courts) will be sent by email to you if there is space for your registration.
Locations for the Written
Space is limited.
Once you register for the exam, you will receive an email with the
payment instructions. Please do not send any payments until you receive
confirmation of registration.
Supreme Court Building
|Roanoke Police Academy
5401-B Barns Ave
Roanoke, VA 24019
1425 N. Courthouse Rd.
Written Exam: Arabic, Korean, Mandarin Chinese, Russian, Spanish and Vietnamese $100.00
Oral Exam: Arabic, Korean, Mandarin Chinese, Russian, Spanish and Vietnamese $150.00
Note: There are NO refunds or credit given to those who register and do not attend the class and/or exam. The Supreme Court of Virginia will not reimburse your travel expenses.