Alexandria Circuit Court
18th Judicial Circuit of Virginia
Hon. Edward Semonian Jr.
Phone: (703) 746-4044
Clerk's Office Hours
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
520 King Street
Alexandria, VA 22314
- Hon. Lisa Bondareff Kemler, Presiding Judge, Chief Judge
- Hon. James C. Clark, Presiding Judge
- Hon. Nolan B. Dawkins, Presiding Judge
Terms of Court and General Information
- Terms begin, 2nd Monday, Jan., March, May, July, Sept., Nov.; at 9:00 a.m.; cases may also be set for trial by telephone (703/746-4123).
- Motions Day, 2nd & 4th Wednesday at 10:00 a.m.
- Grand Juries, 2nd Monday of each month.
- Court convenes 10:00 a.m. except traffic and misdemeanor appeals, Status Conferences and Term Day at 9:00 a.m.; also uncontested ore tenus divorces, appointment of guardians/conservators and other very short uncontested matters are heard at 9:00 a.m.
- Commissioners in Chancery used in divorce cases, mechanics' lien suits and other chancery causes only when requested.
- Status Conferences are noticed by the court four months after the suit is filed for the purpose of setting a trial date.