Augusta Circuit Court
25th Judicial Circuit of Virginia
Hon. Carol M. Brydge
Phone: (540) 245-5321
Fax: (540) 245-5318
Clerk's Office Hours
8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
P. O. Box 689
Augusta County Courthouse
1 East Johnson Street
Staunton, VA 24402-0689
- Hon. Victor V. Ludwig, Presiding Judge
- Hon. Malfourd W. Trumbo, Chief Judge
- Hon. Charles L. Ricketts III
Terms of Court and General Information
- Terms begin, 4th Monday, Jan., Apr., July & Oct.
- Grand Juries, 4th Monday in January, March, May, July, September & November.
- Civil trials and motions hearings set by praecipe, filed by noon 7 days prior to civil docket call, held on the 1st and 3rd Monday of each month. (When civil docket call falls on a holiday, the docket call wil be on Tuesday.)
- Court convenes 9:00 a.m.
- Commissioners in Chancery are utilized in limited instances.
- Civil Final Orders are mailed via regular mail. Criminal Final Orders are transported as follows: To Probation Officers, Court Service Units, Public Defenders, Commonwealth Attorneys and Attorneys who have provide email addresses, final orders are emailed. If there is no email address, we mail by regular mail. For Local Attorneys, we have a designated file tray from which they may pick up applicable orders.