Bedford Circuit Court
24th Judicial Circuit of Virginia
Hon. Cathy C. Hogan
Phone: (540) 586-7632
Fax: (540) 586-6197
Clerk's Office Hours
8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
123 East Main St.
Bedford, VA 24523
Judges' Address: 123 East Main St. Suite 301
***Cash registers close at 4:30 p.m. No monetary transactions after 4:15 p.m.***
***Land record recordings will not be accepted after 4:00 p.m.***
- Hon. James W. Updike Jr., Presiding Judge
- Hon. F. Patrick Yeatts, Chief Judge
- Hon. R. Edwin Burnette Jr.
- Hon. John T. Cook
- Hon. Michael T. Garrett
Terms of Court and General Information
- Terms begin, 1st Tuesday, Jan., March, May, July, Sept. & Nov.
- Grand Juries, 1st day of Term and 1st Friday, Feb., Apr., Jun., Aug., Oct., & Dec.
- All cases set on Term Day.
- Court convenes 9:00 a.m.
- Civil docket called at 10:00 a.m. on Term Day.
- Commissioners in Chancery not utilized.
- Misdemeanor appeals pre-set for 3rd & 4th day of Term.
- Bedford County Circuit sends (either via email or in/house) every order, final or otherwise) to anyone or entity mandated in the order and/or the attorney of record or any unrepresented party. We do not charge a fee or require envelopes.