Charles City Circuit Court
9th Judicial Circuit of Virginia
Hon. Edith K. Holmes
Phone: (804) 652-2105
Phone: (804) 652-2107
Fax: (804) 829-5647
Clerk's Office Hours
8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Stop recording at 4:00 p.m.
P. O. Box 86
10780 Courthouse Road
Charles City, VA 23030-0086
- Hon. Thomas B. Hoover, Presiding Judge
- Hon. R. Bruce Long, Chief Judge
- Hon. Richard Y. AtLee Jr.
- Hon. Michael E. McGinty
Terms of Court and General Information
- Terms begin, 1st Tuesday, Jan., March, May, July, Sept., & Nov. 1.
- Grand Juries, 1st day of Term at 9:00 a.m.
- Criminal cases set for term at 9:00 a.m.
- Civil cases set for term at 11:00 a.m.
- Civil cases set by praecipe submitted seven days preceding Term Day.
- Should a Term Day fall on a legal holiday as set forth in Section 2.1-21, Code of Virginia (1950), as amended, the Term Day will be on the following day.
- Commissioners in Chancery are utilized in real property cases.
- Instructions must be submitted 2 days prior to trial.