Dinwiddie Circuit Court
11th Judicial Circuit of Virginia
Hon. John B. Chappell Jr.
Phone: (804) 469-4540
Fax: (804) 469-5386
Clerk's Office Hours
8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
P. O. Box 63
Dinwiddie, VA 23841-0063
Physical address: 14008 Boydton Plank Road
- Hon. Paul W. Cella, Chief Judge
- Hon. Dennis M. Martin
- Hon. Joseph M Teefey Jr.
Terms of Court and General Information
- Court convenes 9:00 a.m., and 1:00 p.m.
- Criminal term begins, 3rd Tues. each month
- Civil term begins, 3rd Tues. each month
- Grand Juries, 1st day of criminal term.
- Criminal cases set through Commonwealth's Attorney on designated days.
- Civil cases, hearings in civil cases, set through the Court Administrator, Tamera Wilson (804)733-2423 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or on term days in matured cases.
- Criminal bench days every Wednesday a.m., 2nd Wed., a.m. and p.m., 1st Fri. a.m. and 4th Fri. a.m., and traffic appeals 4th Wed. p.m.