Fredericksburg Circuit Court
15th Judicial Circuit of Virginia
Hon. Jeff Small
Phone: (540) 372-1066
Phone: (540) 372-1171 - Judge's Chambers
Fax: (540) 372-1174 - Judge's Chambers
Clerk's Office Hours
8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
701 Princess Anne Street, Suite 100
Fredericksburg, VA 22401-5916
Judge's Chambers: 701 Princess Anne St. Suite 300 Fredericksburg, VA 22401
- Hon. Gordon F. Willis, Presiding Judge
- Hon. Joseph J. Ellis, Chief Judge
- Hon. Sarah L. Deneke
- Hon. J. Overton Harris
- Hon. Herbert M. Hewitt
- Hon. Patricia Kelly
- Hon. Michael E. Levy
- Hon. Charles S. Sharp
- Hon. Harry T. Taliaferro III
- Hon. Victoria A. B. Willis
Terms of Court and General Information
- Terms begin, 4th Monday, Jan., April, July, & Oct.
- Grand Juries convene 4th Monday of every month.
- Civil cases set on Term Day; criminal cases set upon indictment.
- Court convenes 9:00 a.m.
- Motion days are the 2nd & 4th Mondays of each month. Motions lasting longer than 20 minutes or on a day other than motions day must be scheduled with chambers.
- Notice of criminal motions must be received in the Clerk's office by noon 3 business days before hearing.
- Notice of civil motions must be received in Clerk's office by noon the Wednesday of the week preceeding the week in which the motion is to be heard.
- Term day praecipes must be received in Clerk's office by 4:00 p.m. twelve (12) days before the requested term day.
- Estate matters are handled by appointment.
- ILS coversheets are required for all land recordings. Gpin numbers need to be noted on the first page of all recordings. The Gpin must be placed on both the parcel identification and tax map lines of the ILS coversheet.
- Last recording is completed by 3:00 p.m.
- All Civil filings require a Civil order cover sheet. (Form CC-1416)