Isle of Wight Circuit Court
5th Judicial Circuit of Virginia
Hon. Sharon N. Jones
Phone: (757) 365-6233
Clerk's Office Hours
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
17000 Josiah Parker Circle
P. O. Box 110
Isle of Wight, VA 23397-0110
- Hon. Carl Edward Eason Jr., Presiding Judge, Chief Judge
- Hon. Lawson Wayne Farmer
- Hon. Robert H. Sandwich Jr.
Terms of Court and General Information
- Terms begin, 2nd Monday, Jan., March, May, July, Sept., & Nov.
- Motion Day, every Tues.. 9:00 a.m., in Suffolk.
- Civil cases set by civil court administrator.
- Grand Juries, 1st day of Term.
- Court convenes 9:30 a.m.
- Commissioners in Chancery are utilized for divorce, annulments, and depositions if an affidavit conducted before a notary is filed.
- Instructions must be submitted seven days prior to trial.
- Local rules adopted pursuant to Section 8.01-4.
- Civil final orders are certified and mailed to attorneys; and any other pertinent orders (such as temporary custody orders etc) are certified and mailed. All others orders during the course of the case are emailed to attorneys. The same is done if dealing with pro se partiies.