James City County/Williamsburg Circuit Court
9th Judicial Circuit of Virginia
Hon. Betsy B. Woolridge
Phone: (757) 564-2242
Judge's Chambers: (757) 564-2300
Clerk's Office Hours
8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
5201 Monticello Avenue
Williamsburg, VA 23188-8218
Judge's Address: 5201 Monticello Avenue, Suite One, Williamsburg, VA 23188-8218
- Hon. Richard Y. AtLee Jr., Chief Judge
- Hon. B. Elliott Bondurant
- Hon. Michael E. McGinty
- Hon. Jeffrey W. Shaw
Terms of Court and General Information
- Terms begin, 3rd Wednesday, Jan., March, May, July, Sept., & Nov.
- Grand Juries, 1st day of Term.
- All cases set on Term Day or by pre-trial order, no appearance required.
- Grand Juries at 9:00 a.m.
- Criminal docket calls at 9:00 a.m.
- Civil docket calls at 11:00 a.m.
- Commissioners in Chancery are utilized generally in chancery cases.
- Instructions must be submitted prior to trial.
- Local rules adopted pursuant to Section 8.01-4.
- Should term day fall on a legal holiday as set forth in Section 2.2-3300, Code of Virginia (1950), as amended, the term day will be rescheduled.