Lancaster Circuit Court
15th Judicial Circuit of Virginia
Hon. Diane H. Mumford
Phone: (804) 462-5611
Fax: (804) 462-9978
Clerk's Office Hours
8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
8265 Mary Ball Road
Lancaster, VA 22503
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 99, Lancaster, VA 22503
- Hon. Harry T. Taliaferro III, Presiding Judge
- Hon. Joseph J. Ellis, Chief Judge
- Hon. Sarah L. Deneke
- Hon. J. Overton Harris
- Hon. Patricia Kelly
- Hon. Michael E. Levy
- Hon. Charles S. Sharp
- Hon. Gordon F. Willis
Terms of Court and General Information
- Terms begin, 4th Friday, Jan., Apr., July, & Oct.
- All cases set by agreement with Commonwealth's Attorney at preliminary hearing, on Term Day, or by agreement of counsel and the Court. The latter may be done by a telephone call to the Judge's office.
- Court convenes 9:00 a.m.
- In civil jury trials, instructions must be submitted to the Court and opposing counsel 5 days prior to trial.
- Commissioners in Chancery are utilized in general civil causes and divorces.