Petersburg Circuit Court
11th Judicial Circuit of Virginia
Hon. Shalva J. Braxton
Phone: (804) 733-2367
Fax: (804) 732-5548
Clerk's Office Hours
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
7 Courthouse Avenue
Petersburg, VA 23803
Judge's Chambers: 1 Courthouse Avenue
- Hon. Paul W. Cella, Chief Judge
- Hon. Dennis M. Martin
- Hon. Joseph M. Teefey Jr.
Terms of Court and General Information
- Criminal term begins, 3rd Thursday, each month.
- Civil term begins, 3rd Thursday, each month.
- Grand Juries, 1st day of criminal term.
- Criminal cases set through Commonwealth's Attorney on designated days.
- Civil cases, and hearings in civil cases, set through the Court Administrator, Tamera Wilson (804)733-2423 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or on term days in matured cases.
- Court convenes 9:00 a.m., and 1:00 p.m.
- Criminal bench days every Monday morning, every Tuesday morning and afternoon, and every Thursday morning and afternoon, except term days.