Powhatan Circuit Court
11th Judicial Circuit of Virginia
Hon. Teresa H. Dobbins
Phone: (804) 598-5660
Fax: (804) 598-5608
Clerk's Office Hours
8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
3880 Old Buckingham Road
Powhatan, VA 23139-0037
Recording Times: 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. daily
- Hon. Paul W. Cella, Chief Judge
- Hon. Dennis M. Martin
- Hon. Joseph M. Teefey Jr.
Terms of Court and General Information
- Court convenes at 9:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m., unless otherwise notified
- Term Days: 2nd Tuesday of February, April, June, August, October & December at 10:00 a.m.
- Criminal Cases set through Commonwealth's Attorney on designated days
- Grand Juries, 1st day of Term.
- Civil cases, hearings in civil cases, set through the Court Administrator, Tamera Wilson (804) 733-2423 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Certified copies of orders are mailed, via US mail, to counsel/moving litigants. Certified copies of orders are mailed to all other parties upon request or as directed by a Court order. Counsel/litigants shall provide a self-addressed, stamped envelope.
- Commissioners in Chancery are used in general chancery causes.