Rockbridge Circuit Court
25th Judicial Circuit of Virginia
Hon. D. Bruce Patterson
Phone: (540) 463-2232
Fax: (540) 463-3850
Clerk's Office Hours
8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Rockbridge County Courthouse
20 South Randolph Street, Suite 101
Lexington, VA 24450-2552
- Hon. Michael S. Irvine, Presiding Judge
- Hon. Malfourd W. Trumbo, Chief Judge
- Hon. Victor V. Ludwig
Terms of Court and General Information
- Terms begin, 1st Monday, Feb., May, & Nov.; 2nd Monday in July; Tuesday following Labor Day in Sept.
- Grand Juries, 1st day of Term.
- Motion Day, 3rd Monday; Equity Day, 3rd Wednesday.
- Criminal cases set on Term Day; civil cases set on Motion Day by praecipe received 10 days prior to Motion Day.
- Court convenes 9:30 a.m.
- Commissioners in Chancery are utilized in general chancery causes except divorce.
- Instructions must be submitted prior to trial.
- Misdemeanor Appeals Days, 1st Wednesday of each month.