Stafford Circuit Court
15th Judicial Circuit of Virginia
Hon. Kathy M. Sterne
Phone: (540) 658-8750
Fax: (540) 658-4653
Clerk's Office Hours
8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Open to the public: 8:00AM - 4:00PM
P. O. Box 69
1300 Courthouse Road
Stafford, VA 22555-0069
Judge Levy (Courtroom One) Phone: 540/658-4840, option 1 Fax: 540/658-4625
Judge Sharp (Courtroom Two) Phone: 540/658-4840, option 2 Fax: 540/658-4625
Judge Willis (Courtroom Three) Phone: 540/658-4840, option 3 Fax: 540/658-4625
Combined Chambers Address: P.O. Box 895, Stafford, VA 22555-0895
No financial payments are taken after 4:30 p.m.
- Hon. Michael E. Levy, Presiding Judge
- Hon. Charles S. Sharp, Presiding Judge
- Hon. Victoria A. B. Willis, Presiding Judge
- Hon. J. Overton Harris, Chief Judge
- Hon. Sarah L. Deneke
- Hon. Joseph J. Ellis
- Hon. Herbert M. Hewitt
- Hon. Patricia Kelly
- Hon. R. Michael McKenney
- Hon. Ricardo Rigual
- Hon. Gordon F. Willis
Terms of Court and General Information
- Court convenes at 9:00 a.m; jury trials convene at 10:00 a.m.
- Criminal Term/Grand Jury, First Monday of each month at 9:00 a.m.
- Civil Term, First Monday of Jan., April, July and Oct. at 11:00 a.m. Mature cases set by praecipe only. Appearance required for Term Day.
- Motion Days, 1st and 3rd Mondays, Criminal motions at 9:00 a.m., civil motions at 11:00 a.m. Originals of Motions should be filed with the Clerk seven days in advance; advance courtesy copies of motions should be faxed to chambers. If necessary, alternative motion dates may be obtained through chambers. Motions over 20 minutes must be scheduled through chambers.
- If any Monday is a State holiday, pursuant to Section 2.2-3300, Term/Motions will be held the following day.
- Commissioners in Chancery utilized in accordance with Section 8.01-607 et seq. and Rule 3.23.
- Depositions are routinely accepted in uncontested divorce cases. Ore tenus hearings may be set by praecipe on Civil Term Day. Appearance required.
- Judicial Settlement Conferences are utilized in civil cases & divorces.
- Hearing dates for motions to puppress must be coordinated through chambers.
- Notices for hearings must contain time estimates for argument.
- Stafford Circuit court mails (regular mail) Certified copies back as soon as possible to the parties of the case. Return envelopes moves them a little faster and we have a pick-up box here in the office for attorneys who are here daily.