Tazewell Circuit Court
29th Judicial Circuit of Virginia
Hon. Tammy B. Allison
Phone: (276) 385-1222
Fax: (276) 988-7501
Clerk's Office Hours
8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
101 East Main Street, Suite 202
Tazewell, VA 24651-1071
- Hon. Michael Lee Moore, Chief Judge
- Hon. Jack S. Hurley Jr.
- Hon. Patrick R. Johnson
- Hon. Richard C. Patterson
- Hon. Henry A. Vanover
Terms of Court and General Information
- Terms begin, 2nd Tuesday, Jan., Mar., May, July, Sept., & Nov.
- Grand Juries, 1st day of Term.
- Court convenes 9:00 a.m. unless presiding Judge shall designate some other hour.
- Commissioners in Chancery utilized in land title cases only.
- Misdemeanor appeal day begins the day following Term Day.
- Normal procedure dictates that Final Orders are certified and mailed to the attorney(s) of record, or mailed to the individual(s), if pro se. For local attorneys, we utilize the "mailbox" in our office, and certified Final Orders are placed in the designed slots for pick up. In criminal, one copy each Order is distributed to the Commonwealth and to the attorney of record; in civil, two copies are provided to the attorney(s) (one for the attorney file, one for their client), or one copy to the individual, if pro se.