Waynesboro Circuit Court
25th Judicial Circuit of Virginia
Hon. Nicole A. Briggs
Phone: (540) 942-6616
Fax: (540) 942-6774
Clerk's Office Hours
8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
250 South Wayne Avenue, Suite 202
P. O. Box 910
Waynesboro, VA 22980-0910
Mailing address: P.O. Box 910, Waynesboro, VA 22980-0910
- Hon. Charles L. Ricketts III, Presiding Judge
- Hon. Malfourd W. Trumbo, Chief Judge
- Hon. Victor V. Ludwig
Terms of Court and General Information
- Terms begin, 2nd Monday, Jan., March, May, Sept., & Nov.
- Motion Day, 1st Wednesday each month, 9:00 a.m.
- Grand Juries, 1st day of Term and 2nd Monday in July.
- Criminal cases set on Term Day.
- Civil cases set by praecipe submitted by noon 7 days prior to Motion Day.
- Misdemeanor cases heard on 3rd Wednesday in each Term and in July.
- Court convenes 9:30 a.m.
- Commissioners in Chancery are utilized in general civil causes; usually not divorce.