Winchester Circuit Court
26th Judicial Circuit of Virginia
Hon. Terry H. Whittle
Phone: (540) 667-5770
Fax: (540) 667-6638
Clerk's Office Hours
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
The Judicial Center
5 North Kent Street
Winchester, VA 22601
- Hon. Clifford Lynwood Athey Jr., Presiding Judge
- Hon. Neil Randolph Bryant, Presiding Judge
- Hon. Alexander R. Iden, Presiding Judge
- Hon. Thomas J. Wilson IV, Chief Judge
- Hon. Bruce D. Albertson
- Hon. Dennis Lee Hupp
- Hon. Ronald Lewis Napier
- Hon. Clark Andrew Ritchie
Terms of Court and General Information
- Terms begin, the 3rd Tuesday, Apr., July & Oct. January term begins the 2nd Tuesday.
- Civil Motions are set by the Court.
- Civil motions day is usually the 3rd Thursday of each month beginning at 8:00 a.m.
- Misdemeanor appeals set by the Court. See court website for 2014 Misdemeanor Appeals Days.
- Grand Jury meets on the 3rd Tuesday of each month except for these months and dates: Jan. 14, May 27, & Sept. 23.
- Praecipe must be filed not less than 7 days preceding Motion Day.
- Court convenes 9:00 a.m.
- Local Rules adopted pursuant to Section 8.01-4.
- Please check our website for court calendar and updates or changes to the calendar.
- Website: www.winfredclerk.com