Fairfax Circuit Court
19th Judicial Circuit of Virginia
Hon. John T. Frey
Phone: (703) 246-4111
Phone: (703) 691-7320 - General Court Information
Fax: (703) 273-6564
Clerk's Office Hours
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
4110 Chain Bridge Road
Fairfax, VA 22030
- Hon. Dennis J. Smith, Presiding Judge, Chief Judge
- Hon. Randy I. Bellows, Presiding Judge
- Hon. Jan L. Brodie, Presiding Judge
- Hon. Michael F. Devine, Presiding Judge
- Hon. Brett A. Kassabian, Presiding Judge
- Hon. Lorraine Nordlund, Presiding Judge
- Hon. Jane Marum Roush, Presiding Judge
- Hon. David Stanford Schell, Presiding Judge
- Hon. Robert J. Smith, Presiding Judge
- Hon. John M. Tran, Presiding Judge
- Hon. Bruce D. White, Presiding Judge
- Hon. Grace Burke Carroll
- Hon. Daniel Eric Ortiz
Terms of Court and General Information
- Court convenes: Monday - Thursday 10:00 a.m
- --Criminal Motions - Friday 9:00 a.m. & 10:00 a.m.
- --Civil Motions - Friday 9:00 a.m., 10:00 a.m. & 11:30 a.m.
- Arraignments: Monday - Thursday, 10 a.m., & Fri., 9:00 a.m.
- Term Begins: 3rd Monday of every odd month (Jan., March, May, July, Sept., Nov.; except if it's a holiday, then it would be the 3rd Tues. of the month.)
- Grand Juries:
- --Regular Grand Jury: 3rd Monday of every odd month except when Monday is a holiday, then Grand Jury would be on a Tuesday.
- --Interim Grand Jury: 3rd Monday of every even month except when Monday is a holiday, then Grand Jury would be on a Tuesday.
- Grand Jury meets the 3rd Monday of every odd-numbered month (January, March, May, July, September and November) and Criminal Term Day shall commence at 9:00 a.m. on each Thursday immediately following the regular Grand Jury. Interim Grand Jury meets the 3rd Monday of every even-numbered month (February, April, June, August, October and December) and an Interim Criminal Term Day shall be held commencing at 9:00 a.m. on each Thursday immediately following any Interim Grand Jury. Exceptions: 1. Should Grand Jury or Interim Grand Jury fall on a state holiday, it will commence the next business day and Term Day will follow on the next day after Grand Jury. 2. In the event that Grand Jury falls during a mandatory judicial conference (usually in May), please contact the Clerk's Office for actual Grand Jury and Term Day dates.
- Misdemeanor Term Day: 1st Monday of each month. If the 1st Monday is a holiday, it is moved to the 2nd Monday of the month.
- Civil Term Day: 10:00 a.m. on the 4th Monday, Jan., March, May, July, Sept., & Nov. except when Monday is a holiday, then Civil Term begins on the 4th Tuesday.
- Civil & Criminal Term days are subject to change due to administrative necessity, such as Judicial Conferences.
- Commissioners in Chancery utilized as agreed or when the individual case requires appointment.
- Law and Domestic cases are handled through the differentiated case tracking program. Trial date is set at the scheduling conference.
- Other matters not part of the differential case tracking program, counsel files praecipe placing case on Civil Term Day docket for setting of trial date.