Greene Circuit Court
16th Judicial Circuit of Virginia
Hon. Brenda M. Compton
Phone: (434) 985-5208
Fax: (434) 985-6723
Clerk's Office Hours
8:15 AM - 4:30 PM
P. O. Box 386
Stanardsville, VA 22973-0386
22 Court Street
- Hon. Daniel R. Bouton, Presiding Judge
- Hon. Timothy K. Sanner, Chief Judge
- Hon. Cheryl V. Higgins
- Hon. Richard E. Moore
- Hon. Susan L. Whitlock
Terms of Court and General Information
- Terms begin 2nd Mon., Feb., April, June, Aug., Oct., & Dec. October Term: Tues. after 2nd Mon. as 2nd Mon. is a holiday
- Grand Juries, 1st day of Term, 9:00 a.m.
- Criminal cases set on Term Day.
- Civil cases set by praecipe on Term Day, 11:00 a.m.
- Court convenes 9:00 a.m.
- Commissioners in Chancery are utilized in some chancery causes.
- Motions Day, 3rd Tues. (Criminal 9:00 a.m.; Civil 1:30 p.m.)
- As soon as the Judge enters the final order it is processed and certified copies are distributed by mail.