Louisa Circuit Court
16th Judicial Circuit of Virginia
Hon. Susan R. Hopkins
Phone: (540) 967-5312
Judges: (540) 967-5300
Fax: (540) 967-2705
Clerk's Office Hours
8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
100 W. Main Street
Louisa, VA 23093-0037
- Hon. Timothy K. Sanner, Presiding Judge, Chief Judge
- Hon. Daniel R. Bouton
- Hon. Cheryl V. Higgins
- Hon. Richard E. Moore
- Hon. Susan L. Whitlock
Terms of Court and General Information
- Terms begin, 2nd Monday, Jan., March, July, Sept. & Nov.
- Due to the mandatory Judicial Conference, the May Term Day will be May 4, 2015.
- Grand Juries, 1st day of Term.
- All cases set on Term Day by praecipe filed 7 days prior.
- Court convenes 9:30 a.m., except for Motions Day which begins at 9:00 a.m.
- Commissioners in Chancery are rarely utilized and generally only by agreement of counsel.
- Local rules adopted pursuant to Section 8.01-4.