Northampton Circuit Court
2nd Judicial Circuit of Virginia
Hon. Traci L. Johnson
Phone: (757) 678-0465
Fax: (757) 678-5410
Clerk's Office Hours
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
P. O. Box 36
5229 The Hornes
Eastville, VA 23347-0036
- Hon. William R. O'Brien, Chief Judge
- Hon. Glenn R. Croshaw
- Hon. Steven C. Frucci
- Hon. W. Revell Lewis III
- Hon. James Clayton Lewis
- Hon. Leslie L. Lilley
- Hon. Stephen C. Mahan
- Hon. H. Thomas Padrick Jr.
- Hon. A. Bonwill Shockley
Terms of Court and General Information
- Terms begin, 2nd Monday, Jan., March, May, July, Sept., & Nov.
- Grand Juries, 1st day of Term.
- Docket call held the 2nd Monday in Jan., March, May, July, Sept., & Nov. at 10:00 a.m.
- Court convenes 9:30 a.m.
- Motions and other pretrial hearings will be heard on the 2nd Friday of each month at 9:30 a.m. by scheduling a hearing with Court's Judicial Assistant to be placed on the motions docket for that day.
- Cases set by writtten request submitted one (1) business day previous to docket call, or by praecipe, followed by appearance at docket call held on 2nd Monday (Term Day) of odd months at 10:00 a.m.
- Commissioners in Chancery are utilized.
- Supreme Court Deed Calculation Page is required as the cover sheet for all land recordings. Tax Map Numbers are required.
- All civil filings require a (Form CC-1416) Cover Sheet for Filing Civil Actions.
- Arraignments: Tuesday at 1:30 p.m. by the General District Court; Mondays at 11:30 a.m. by the J&DR Court (domestic and juvenile related indictments only).