Portsmouth Circuit Court
3rd Judicial Circuit of Virginia
Hon. Cynthia P. Morrison
Phone: (757) 393-8671
Clerk's Office Hours
8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
1345 Court Street
P. O. Box 1217
Portsmouth, VA 23705-1217
- Hon. Johnny E. Morrison, Presiding Judge, Chief Judge
- Hon. James C. Hawks, Presiding Judge
- Hon. Kenneth R. Melvin, Presiding Judge
- Hon. William S. Moore Jr.
Terms of Court and General Information
- Terms begin, 1st Thursday, each month
- Criminal docket call, 2:15 p.m.; 1st day of Term.
- Grand Juries, 1st day of Term.
- Civil cases set by agreement of counsel after consultation with the docket clerk (757-393-5373). Scheduling order required for civil cases.
- Motions heard daily between 9:00 a.m. & 10:00 a.m. & every Friday, 10:00 a.m.
- Court convenes 10:00 a.m.
- Docket control procedures adopted pursuant to Section 8.01-4 and available on the website (www.portsmouthva.gov/circuitcourtclerk).