Richmond Circuit Court
13th Judicial Circuit of Virginia
Hon. Edward F. Jewett
Phone: (804) 646-6505
Fax: (804) 646-6562
Fax: Law: (804) 646-7274
Fax: Criminal: (804) 646-6562
Clerk's Office Hours
8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
400 North Ninth Street
John Marshall Courts Building
Richmond, VA 23219
- Hon. C. N. Jenkins Jr., Presiding Judge, Chief Judge
- Hon. Bradley B. Cavedo, Presiding Judge
- Hon. Melvin R. Hughes Jr., Presiding Judge
- Hon. Gregory L. Rupe, Presiding Judge
- Hon. Beverly W. Snukals, Presiding Judge
- Hon. Joi Jeter Taylor
Terms of Court and General Information
- Civil Terms begin, 4th Monday, Jan., April, July, & Oct.
- Criminal Terms begin, 1st Monday, monthly.
- Grand Juries, 1st Monday monthly.
- Docket call on Term Day, 9:00 a.m. (criminal),
- Commissioners in Chancery are not utilized in uncontested divorces.
- Court convenes 9:00 a.m.
Secure Remote Access
Secure Remote Access to Land Records is now available. Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like more information regarding this subscription service.
The Court has document cameras and data video projectors available for use in circuit courtrooms. To reserve the equipment, please call the office of the judge assigned to the case at least two days in advance.