Roanoke City Circuit Court
23rd Judicial Circuit of Virginia
Hon. Brenda S. Hamilton
Phone: (540) 853-6702
Judge Carson's Office: (540) 853-2436
Judge Broadhurst's Office: (540) 853-2051
Judge Dorsey's Office: (540) 853-2437
Judge Weckstein's Office: (540) 853-2435
Judge Swanson's Office: (540) 387-6270
Fax: (540) 853-1024
Clerk's Office Hours
8:15 AM - 4:45 PM
Hours for Judges: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
P. O. Box 2610
315 West Church Avenue
Roanoke, VA 24010-2610
E-mail Address: Brenda.Hamilton@roanokeva.gov
- Hon. Clifford R. Weckstein, Presiding Judge, Chief Judge
- Hon. William D. Broadhurst, Presiding Judge
- Hon. David B. Carson, Presiding Judge
- Hon. Charles N. Dorsey, Presiding Judge
- Hon. James R. Swanson
Terms of Court and General Information
- Civil term begins Tuesday after 1st Monday, monthly.
- Criminal term begins, 1st, Monday, monthly.
- Grand Juries, 1st Monday, monthly.
- Civil cases set by praecipe received by clerk 7 days preceding civil docket call, 1st Tuesday after 1st Monday, and by agreement of counsel, by docket judge and secretary.
- Court convenes 8:30 a.m.
- Commissioners in Chancery are utilized on petition of counsel or by order of court.