Roanoke County Circuit Court
23rd Judicial Circuit of Virginia
Hon. Steven A. McGraw Sr.
Phone: (540) 387-6205
Fax: (540) 387-6145
Clerk's Office Hours
8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
P. O. Box 1126
305 E. Main Street
Salem, VA 24153-1126
- Hon. James R. Swanson, Presiding Judge
- Hon. Clifford R. Weckstein, Chief Judge
- Hon. William D. Broadhurst
- Hon. David B. Carson
- Hon. Charles N. Dorsey
Terms of Court and General Information
- Criminal term begins, 1st Friday, Feb., Apr., June, Oct., & Dec.; 2nd Friday, Aug.
- Civil term begins, 1st Friday, Jan., Feb., Apr., June, Oct., & Dec.; 2nd Friday, Aug.
- Grand Juries, 1st day of criminal term, 9:00 a.m.
- Criminal docket call immediately following Grand Jury convening, criminal probation reporting at 9:30 a.m., followed by civil docket call at 11:00 a.m.
- All cases set on Term Day.
- Court convenes 8:30 a.m.
- Commissioners in Chancery are utilized at request of counsel or by order of court.
- Civil cases set by praecipe received by clerk 7 days prior to docket call, by agreement of counsel, by docket judge and secretary.