Newport News-Civil General District Court
7th Judicial District of Virginia
Ms Karen J. Routten
Phone: (757) 926-3520
Fax: (757) 926-7024
Clerk's Office Hours
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
2500 Washington Avenue
Newport News, VA 23607-4307
- Hon. Gary A. Mills, Presiding Judge, Chief Judge
- Hon. Richard C. Kerns, Presiding Judge
- Hon. Christopher R. Papile
Courtroom D Uncontested Cases Mon., Tues, Wed., Thurs., & Fri., 9:00 a.m. Contested Cases & Large Volume Attorney Assignments Mon., Tues., Wed., Thurs., & Fri., 10:00 a.m., 10:30 a.m., 11:00 a.m., 1:00 p.m. & 2:00 p.m. Fines & Costs Mon., 1:00 p.m. Small Claims Mon., 11:00 a.m.
Cases set for trial will only be continued for good cause.
Newport News General District Court has three divisions:
- Traffic Division (follow this link to view information about the Newport_News Traffic Division.
- Civil Division (shown on this web page)
- Criminal Division (follow this link to view information about the Newport_News Criminal Division.